Friday, October 5, 2007

risks

Well well well what do we have here ;-P I just finished reading "By the River Piedra, I Sat Down & Wept." I just want to quote the following from the book:


  • "Pitiful is the person who is afraid of taking RISKS. Perhaps this person will never be disappointed or disillusioned; perhaps she won't suffer the way people do when they have a dream to follow. But when that person looks back - and at some point everyone looks back - she will hear her heart saying, "What have you done with the miracles that God planted in your days? What have you done with the talents God bestowed on you? You buried yourself in a cave because you were fearful of losing those talents. So this is your heritage: the certainty that you wasted you wasted your life."

  • "You have to take RISKS... We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen..."

  • "If pain must come, may it come quickly. Because I have a life to live, and I need to live it in the best way possible. Ih he has to make a choice, may he make it now. Then I will either wait for him or forget him."

  • Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering."
Arrrrrggghh.

I'm so proud of myself, as I took a lot of risks in my 23 years of existence in this crazy world. Because there's only one thing I'm afraid of: I'm AFRAID of WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN'S... And this has thought me a lot. I'm so much happier NOW. Yes I'm alone, but definitely not lonely. For there are a lot of people who loves me in spite and despite of my shortcomings. As I always tell my beloveds if they ask me how I am, I say: "I would't have experienced everything that happened from February 24 onwards, if I didn't take the leap."

Reposting:

"Maybe it's luck, maybe it's destiny... All I know is that your love is the best thing that ever happened to me. My life is so much richer and happier because I'm sharing it with you. Dreams seem more possible, difficult times are easier to get through, and even ordinary moments seem more special. I could never feel more loved and happy knowing that you're there for me... loving me unconditionally..."

K k, so much for emoticons in life. Hihi. I bought a new book by Paulo Coelho, "Like The Flowing River." an intimate collection of Paulo's thoughts, reflections, and short stories.

Blahhhs: I ate Warm Brownie Cup in La Marea.
I'm so excited. 5 sleeps to go. Yeyyy!
TGIF!!! Wooohooo!

Pacquiao vs. Barrera on Sunday, October 7, 2007. Please lang, maawa kayo, don't text me who won! Hmfh spoilers! Because I will be one of the poor people who will rely on the delayed telecast. Huhuhu *sniff sniff* Ahhhh I'll just turn off my phones. Bleh! ;-P

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE! :)




XOXO,
Nicey


P.S., I don't just speak merely about love. Sometimes, you should learn how to read between the lines... *wink*





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've read that book a long, long time ago and paulo coelho is one of my fave authors. :)

Anonymous said...

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Hehehe.

Risks are examples.

Nice Salvador said...

mitsuru - me more ;) he's my ultimate fave. I wanna go to Brazil!

jakey - oh yesss!